Banana nut bread recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade banana nut bread!