- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of blue cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the broccoli and broth to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and blend the soup until smooth using a blender or immersion blender.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream and blue cheese. Heat through until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also add bacon to the recipe for extra flavor.