Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped very small (florets only), about 3 cups
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 32 oz chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add butter, diced onion, diced broccoli, carrots, chicken broth, pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to pressure cooker. Secure lid in place and turn valve to “sealing.”
- Select “High Pressure” or manual and cook for 4 minutes. When cook time ends, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick release.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Turn pressure cooker on to “saute” and add cornstarch mixture. Also add heavy whipping cream and cheddar cheese.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly until soup thickens and cheese melts completely. Serve immediately. ENJOY.