- 1 pound fideo pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fideo pasta and stir until the pasta is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.
Enjoy your Caldo de Fideo!