- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: croutons, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté jalapeno peppers, onion, and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cream and sour cream until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the mixture into the pot with the jalapeno pepper mixture.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the soup thickens.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve hot with croutons, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream on top as desired. Enjoy!