Hamburger soup is a hearty and comforting dish that is easy to make. Here is a basic recipe that you can use as a starting point:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of diced potatoes
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of frozen or canned corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, potatoes, carrots, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
You can also add additional vegetables or seasonings to suit your taste. Some other options include green beans, celery, and thyme.