Here is a recipe for Italian sausage tortellini soup:
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for an additional minute or until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!