HOMEMADE JAPANESE CLEAR MUSHROOM SOUP—so yummy and filling
32oz container of Bone Broth
Pinch or 2 of garlic powder & ginger
1-2tsp of Sesame oil
Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and add sliced mushrooms and green onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or peanut oil)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 whole scallions, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced thin
Place a large 8-quart stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and place the onion, garlic, carrots, and ginger in the pot. Sear the veggies on all sides to caramelize, making sure not to burn the garlic.
Pour in the chicken broth, beef broth, and water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a low boil and simmer for at least one hour.
Use a skimmer to remove the vegetables from the broth. Taste, then salt as needed.
To serve: ladle hot broth into bowls and sprinkle chopped scallion and sliced mushrooms over the top.