A yummy winter soup recipe! This tomato-based soup is packed with vegetables and seasoned ground beef for the best burger in a bowl.
Here is a recipe for hamburger soup that serves 6-8 people:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (such as elbow macaroni or small shells)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is browned and crumbled.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beef broth, water, diced tomatoes, pasta, mixed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve hot.
Optional: top with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, or chopped fresh herbs before serving. Enjoy!