Sure, here’s the recipe for Italian Lasagna Soup:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the pot and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix together the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add the cooked Italian sausage back to the pot.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, with a dollop of the ricotta-Parmesan mixture on top of each bowl. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Italian Lasagna Soup!